We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Kingston Veterinary Clinic in Kingston, Ontario
A Part Of Your Family
Consider us a part of your family! Our family of staff can provide your beloved companion with full medical healthcare services throughout his or her life, from puppy or kitten, through specialized senior programs, and everything in between.
Here at Kingston Veterinary Clinic, our knowledgeable and professional staff strive to make sure you understand what options are available to you, always working hard to provide the best quality of medical care we can while respecting your budget. We provide a very wide range of services beginning with specialized puppy and kitten programs, all the way through your beloved companion’s life, into senior programs and compassionate end of life services. We love every one of our patients as our own, and we will work with you to ensure they have a fulfilling life with you, and you with them.
Each patient entrusted to our care is provided with a range of services specialized for them. We will take the time to discuss those services with you, answering all of your questions about any concerns or topics you want to learn more about while respecting your time. No question is too small; we want to spend time with you, so you can make the best decisions for your beloved companion’s ongoing healthcare.
Dr. Jaime Lawless is a Fear Free Certified Professional, educated on reducing fear and anxiety in animals and promoting practices that ensure pets’ well-being.
We have worked hard to make our website unique, interactive and enjoyable, just like your experience when you see us. We look forward to seeing you soon! Please call us to book your appointment today, or click here to request one online now.
Have you been to the dentist and received local freezing? If so, then you have had a dental nerve block. Most dental procedures produce strong sensory stimuli to the point that it affects the amount of general anesthetic required and a painful recovery.
The Pembroke welsh corgi originated from Wales in the Pembrokeshire area. There is another older breed of Corgi known as the Cardigan Welsh Corgi. The Cardigan Welsh Corgi was initially used to develop the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following policies were updated on Tuesday April 7, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-542-7337. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. We accept credit card and debit card.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Kingston Veterinary Clinic