We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I grew up on a beef farm and participated in Pony Club in the Ottawa Valley. This is where my love for animals developed. I graduated from the Veterinary Technologist program at St. Lawrence College in 2000. After graduation, I went to work at an Emergency Clinic in Ottawa for 5 yrs. I then moved back to the Ottawa Valley and did 5 years in a mixed animal practice. I then helped open a new clinic and practiced in small animal medicine for 6 years.
I moved back to Kingston after the birth of my daughter with my two dogs and two cats to bring my family together. After Maternity leave, I have joined Kingston Vet Clinic. My interests are in animal behaviour and surgery.
In my spare time I enjoy horseback riding, volleyball, softball and spending time with family and friends.
I look forward to meeting all the clients of Kingston Vet clinic and helping you to provide excellent care for your fur babies.
Have you been to the dentist and received local freezing? If so, then you have had a dental nerve block. Most dental procedures produce strong sensory stimuli to the point that it affects the amount of general anesthetic required and a painful recovery.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following policies were updated on Tuesday April 7, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-542-7337. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. We accept credit card and debit card.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Kingston Veterinary Clinic